Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shorting via Guppy

I programmed the moving averages into my think or swim and added a twist.  To help visualize the movement a bit I shaded the long and short waves of averages with the lighter tone being the shorter of the group (closer to the price action.)

I screwed it up a bit by having the red group the long term and the blue group as the short term.  I'll fix that later.  For my account size and planning, I like to use a 4 hr chart as this fits in with my Daily Trade Triangle system that I get from MARKETCLUB.  It also seems like most active swing trader types use this 4 hr window to screen out the noise but stay close to the action at the same time.

In a way, I must say, this is just visually appealing, it looks cool.  It beats you over the head that a pair is not moving, meaning that you should not trade (necessary info for newbs to forex like me.)

No comments:

Currency Converter by OANDA