Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bank of America .. Literally


I'm an old time customer of Bay Bank, then Bank of Boston, then Fleet Bank and then Bank of America. Each entity successively bought the other. In the end, I wonder if old Bay Bank will come back .. they were a great outfit in Boston, I swear they had an ATM just about everywhere.

In the end I wound up with Bank of America and just quit them in disgust. I had first run into them in Albuquerque, NM and was mightily turned off by them. "Bank of America" what am obnoxious name, I thought to myself. They would continue to haunt me for another decade ... swallowing bank after bank to include the venerable Bank of Boston founded in 1794.

These days I'm banking locally though I am flirting with mega-bank ING as a preparation for my future international exploits.

Finally, I must say I love this panel. Joe Battapaglia, Jerry Bowyer, Jon Najarian and Vince Farrell, the greatest line up ever.

No comments:

Currency Converter by OANDA